Wk 5 Post

17 Jun

o What is the difference between the Internet and the Web?

The internet links your computer to other computers around the world sharing content. The web is a software that let you use the content or contribute your own.

o How did the individuals and institutions that shaped the internet envision its uses and future?

The individuals and institutions that shaped the internet envision its uses and future I think by more people using it to share information with others. Personally I somewhat see the internet being used more with social media taking over in the future since it is a big thing that being used now, I think it will progress and this will be one way things will be transmitted around the world through the internet from everyone’s computers, and cell phones. Based off of the podcast it basically seemed like the lady answer to this is that we plan to have it do everything for us, which is what a lot of people now already expect it to do in my personal opinion, it’s our communication tool, the way we do our jobs is online, like everything is done through the internet now and it will only become a source people rely on more.